Hands-on Introduction to 3D Printing in the Classroom
This one-day course focuses on getting educators up and running with 3D Printers. Designed for educators in the grades K-12 with little to no experience with 3D Printers, the workshop covers all of the basics though hands on examples and projects.
Whether you choose to just come and spend a day working with and learning about 3D printers, or if you want to get one for your classroom and be ready to use it, this workshop is for you.
- Learn the foundational technologies that make the 3D Printers work, such as CAD and CNC
- Become familiar with the programs used in combination with 3D Printers, like MakerBot Desktop, Autodesk Inventor, and Apps
- Learn setup and troubleshooting methods
- Use 3D scanners to create a print
- Complete a variety of class-ready projects designed to familiarize you with the equipment and engage students
- Downloading and printing learning aids
- Scaling, positioning, and combining models
- Using a customized app
- Creating a diorama with 3D scans
*MakerBot Mini Starter Kit ($2000 Value) Includes:
- MakerBot Mini 5th Generation 3D printer
- (10) Assorted PLA 3D Printing filament rolls
- (1) 2-year warranty on the MakerBot Mini
- (10) Build plate tape
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
Grades K-12 Teachers, Administrators, IT Professionals and Technology Coaches and Specialists.
Other Information and Requirements:
Attendees must bring their own laptops to the workshop.
About the Presenter:
Martin Plazyk has over 10 years of experience as an engineer, a maker, and a trainer. His passion is bringing real world technologies and tools to the classroom in fun, exciting, and approachable ways.
A Georgia Tech graduate, Martin has worked around the world on state-of-the-art industrial systems, and has a keen knowledge of how the technology students use today will impact their own future.
With a great track record of preparing educators for new technologies in the classroom, as well as helping administrators implement programs, Martin can help you at any point along the way to bring real technology to real classrooms.
Plaz-Tech Educational Workshops are held in downtown Atlanta, and include all class and project materials. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
All participants will receive a Workshop Completion Certificate.
Our goal is to help you prepare for the changing nature of your jobs, including using new technology and digital learning tools, providing ways to differentiate instruction, and implementing Georgia’s Common Core State Standards and other Standards.
CLICK TO REGISTER NOW FOR THE WORKSHOP AND PURCHASE A MAKERBOT MINI STARTER KIT WITH A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD
CLICK TO PREREGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP AND PURCHASE A MAKERBOT MINI STARTER KIT WITH A PO
Tuition and MakerBot Mini Starter Kit: $2259